Saturday, September 5, 2009

REASON for opening my studio workshop

The journey to this dream began when we moved to NW Iowa and I started a small stamping group that met at my house. I invited a lady that was dealing with a life threating issue and had never stamped before. I thought she might enjoy it. She LOVED it and it kept her focused and occupied until the very end. Her husband shared with me how much she enjoyed the stamping and thanked me for bringing it into her life. I vowed then that if I ever could open a workshop space where people could come and learn their hidden creativity, I would do this.....It is about to become a reality.........we were lucky enough to hear of a small store front that would be available in July 09 and jumped at the chance to obtain it. I am richly blessed in that my husband can do remodeling, and fixing the place the way we want it. Many thanks to Joe who so kindly donated some left over slat wall and wire shelving for it for me to use in the workshop, which my husband named PaperKrafters Retreat. It will not be a store but a place where people can come stamp, scrap and do crafts. I have numerous diecut machines and many many dies will be available to obtain just the diecut or wording people need for their projects. The hammering goes on working toward my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment