Saturday, September 5, 2009
Two little fur babies have a new home
We have adopted a kitten, and hubby named her Tippy, as she is all black and has white on the very tip of her tail like she dipped it in paint. She was a twin, the only two born in the litter, and after two days I went back and adopted her sister as well. After several days of pondering over a name I chose Emma, named after my grandmother. The name fits her and she responds to it now. They love chasing each other and playing together constantly. I have my fun fur yarn tower in PaperKrafters Retreat already and they are often times found playing with a ball of yarn from the very bottom shelf. We have already fixed up a kitchen area in the Retreat and will have a bedroom as well. I plan on having two extra beds so we can have guests or Craft Retreat Slumber Parties. I guess I never grew up!! Our town had a freecycle Saturday last week. The way it worked, people brought USEABLE things they wanted to get rid of on Fri. pm and we volunteers sorted items by catagory and on Sat. from 8-noon people could come and take anything they could USE for free. It was amazing and a fun time for everyone. There was very little stuff left and it was donated to a thrift shop. I got a good solid desk, and while waiting for a friend to come with his truck to haul it for me someone dropped off a kitchen table and four chairs and it is now in our kitchen area at the Retreat. I also got a red checked gingham table cloth.......so I now have a very retro kitchen set at the retreat. The Freecycle Saturday could be held in any town, or even by a church congregation. Plans are in the works to do it again next year. Enjoy this Labor Day weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment